Xin Jin Shan Notice (15/04/2020)
Dear teachers, students and parents,
We are pleased to let you know that Term 2 starts from this weekend (18/19 April) and we are going to conduct our Chinese language learning online. According to the requirements of the Department of Education and Training regarding protecting security and privacy of children during online delivery, it would be much appreciated if you could observe the following measures carefully.
1. Teachers are required to prepare online sessions carefully, start and finish session on time and make a correct record of students’ attendance each time;
2. Students are required to join the online sessions with their real Chinese or English names, join the online sessions on time and accomplish homework as required;
3. Teachers, students and parents are required to wear neat casual clothes in a quiet, non-political and non-religious working or learning environment in their house during online sessions;
4. Non-XJS teachers, students and parents are not allowed to get access to the online sessions;
5. During online sessions, try not have small children in your home on camera for security and privacy purposes;
6. Teachers are not allowed to have one-to-one online chat or online sessions with students;
7. Teachers, students and parents are not allowed to take photos or record the online sessions (except for VCE 12 students upon obtaining parent approval);
8. When sharing screen during the online sessions, teachers are not allowed to show any website or contents that are not suitable for children;
9. While observing the online sessions, parents are required to keep quiet and try not to disturb or interrupt the teaching;
10. If you have any question or feedback about the online sessions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Term 2 starts on 18/19 April and ends on 20/21 June (ten weeks in total).
Prep to grade 12 classes would be conducted online. Students remain in their enrolled classes and timetable for the classes remain the same. Students would keep on learning with their teachers as in Term 1 (except for some teachers asking for leave in Term 2). Maths classes, Chinese culture programs and English and Maths classes provided by XJS Coaching School would be conducted online too. Early Learning classes and drawing classes are not available online at this stage (we would inform you the detailed arrangements for these classes later).
Class time: Prep classes: 30-minute per session.
Grade 1 to Grade 12 classes: 40-minute per session.
There might be some families where there are several children enrolled in our school. We could put them in classes at different time to make sure every child could get access to Internet and online learning facilities. If you need special arrangement, please feel free to contact the responsible campus manager or email us at email@example.com.
We have asked our teachers to contact with all the parents and arrange testing classes online in advance to make sure the online learning goes smoothly.
Online learning is a new challenge for both teachers and students. Although our teachers attended relevant training and seminars during the school break, it is understandable that they might make mistakes when facing students in front of a camera and it also takes time for students to get used to this new way of learning online. However, with our joint efforts, we believe we could build a healthy interaction between teachers and students in this new online environment and students could develop the abilities of self-study, self-discipline and creativity in learning.
Online learning is a temporary stage at this special time and your support and cooperation is very important for our students. We believe we could get though this tough time and come back to our normal learning routine soon.
Thank you very much for your great support and hope all you family members stay safe and healthy.
Kevin Hu Principal
Xin Jin Shan Chinese Language and Culture School